Saturday, November 8, 2008

Selling out--not quite

Well bloggers I think I might have sold out,

For years I have wanted to be a proffesional writer. I enjoy writing, and thought it was a natural fit, but then somthing hit me like a ton of bricks.

Laying out pages is easy, fun, and makes you bank!

So of course the back seat novel, that only breathes fresh air on the rare occasion that time and inspiration intersect, will still be worked on; but will I totally neglect a job as a writer?

I think I might.

However when you have any passion in your body--not just your soul, but a tangible passion--it won't die. Tonight is going to be a witness to that.

Between school, work and sociality I have not written anything since Pluck. Tonight that changes. I am not sure what is boiling inside of me, but it is about to explode onto my computer screen and I am excited.

I am not sure if I have an essay, a rant, or a short story on my hands, but tonight will be fun. Tonight will be my favorite of all writing nights--rough draft night!

So I am off the buy a 6-pack of Pabst and a pack of cigarettes. I will let you see the work in a few weeks when it is finished.

Long live the rough draft!

No comments: